It’s Friday – whoop! Today I returned from a week away with my girlfriends for my hen party so I’m in good spirits.
As I’m feeling all loved-up and romantical I’ve decided to post a recipe just in time for Valentine’s day. This is something super easy to make with all natural ingredients so it’s guilt free and sweet enough to treat you and your other half this weekend or if you’re single this year, why not catch up with a friend and indulge…
What you’ll need (makes 4 small or 2 large puddings)…
– 15 minutes of your precious time
– 1 large handful of raspberries (frozen or fresh) and a few extra for decoration
– 1 small handful of blackberries (frozen or fresh)
– 1 avocado
– 2 tbsp agave nectar
– 1 tin of coconut milk (refrigerated – discard any excess water)
– 1.5 tsp ground ginger
– 1 tsp cinnamon (feel free add more if you fancy)
– If you have a sweet tooth, feel free to add 1-2 teaspoons of brown sugar
– A sprinkling of desiccated coconut will add to the taste and texture of the puddings and also looks very pretty.
Put all of your ingredients into a mixer or blender (minus the desiccated coconut and extra raspberries).
Mix on a medium speed for 3-5 minutes. This will allow the coconut milk to whip and the mixture to become a mousse-like texture.
Up the speed to full for an extra minute to ensure the mixture is smooth (have a taste to see if you want to add any sugar or more spice).
Distribute evenly into serving bowls (or use empty jam jars).
Decorate the puds with the desiccated coconut and raspberries.
Leave to chill/set in the fridge for at least 15-20 minutes et voila!
*If you’re like me and like to know what’s in your food, you’ll be happy to know that these are healthy puds!
* Rewired encourage you to eat these as a part of a balanced diet and a regular exercise regimen.
*I can definitely tell you that the ingredients in these puddings have many benefits and I will list just a few:
– Agave nectar is a natural sweetener made up mostly of fructose, a type of sugar found naturally in fruit and vegetables.
– Raspberries are a super fruit! They are great for immune function and help with collagen production as well as having detoxifying qualities!
– Blackberries are also detoxifiers. The help to balance electrolytes and encourage iron absorption.
– Coconut Milk is a great vegan alternative to dairy, rich in fibre and B vitamins.