I’m back and I’m coming at you with a super indulgent, super yummy and also super healthy sauce to adorn your meals. With it’s deep flavour and creamy texture, you’re onto a winner making this as a topping for your pasta, gnocchi, baked potatoes… you could even just use it as a warm dip for chips, tortillas or veggies for a healthier snack.
To make my ‘Creamy, Smokey Paprika Sauce’ you will need:
– 30 minutes of your precious time
– 1 carrot peeled and chopped
– 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped
– 1/4 butternut squash peeled and chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic pressed
– 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
– 2 tsps smoked paprika
– 1 tsp cajun spices
– 170ml rice milk (or almond milk if you prefer)
– 1 tsp coconut milk
– The juice of half a lemon
– salt and pepper for seasoning (to taste)
Put the carrot, sweet potato and butternut squash in a pan of boiling water. Leave on a medium heat for 20 minutes or so until the veggies are soft.
Pour the rice milk and coconut milk into the blender. Drain the boiled veggies and then add them to the blender. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture back into the pan and simmer for 5 minutes until hot for the garlic to cook and enhance the flavour of the spices. Season to taste et voila! Your sauce is now ready for pouring 😀👌🏻🌿
*If you’re like me and like to know what’s in your food, you’ll be happy to know that this sauce is a healthy one.
*Rewired isn’t going to count the calories for you as there aren’t enough in the sauce to worry about.
*I can definitely tell you that the ingredients in this sauce have many benefits and I will list just a few:
– Carrots and Butternut squash and sweet potatoes all help with eye health, collagen production and lung health.
– Garlic is well known for it’s health benefits. It protects against cancer by blocking the conversion of nitrates and nitrites into cancer as well as inhibiting the action of aflatoxins (the substances found in peanuts which cause cancer). It can lower cholesterol and also prevents blood clots – a safer way than taking an aspirin a day.
– Nutritional yeast – A vitamin B12 supplement which is a must for all vegans (plus it’s so tasty who wouldn’t want to eat it?!)
So there you have it 😎 Why not give this recipe a try? Just #rewired and I’ll keep an eye out for your creations on Instagram. Also, why not challenge me to try out one of your recipes? Just tag me and I’ll get right on it!