The easiest pizza base ever – just roll and go! Here’s my recipe for an easy peasy puff pastry pizza which is both delicious AND Vegan – what more could you ask for?!
To make two small, or one large pizza you will need:
– about 30 minutes of your precious time
– 250g jus-rol puff pastry (it’s vegan yay!)
– 150ml – 200ml pasata
– 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
– a handful of basil leaves (and extra for garnish)
– a handful of spinach
– 1 1/2 courgette
– 1 tomato
– 2-3 sweetfire beetroots (optional)
– 1 mushroom (sliced)
– 1/2 small red onion (sliced)
– a dusting of flour (I just used plain flour)
– salt and pepper (to taste)
– 1/2 tsp garlic, herbs and tomato seasoning (or mixed, dried Italian herbs)
– vegan mayo (or you might want to branch out and use vegan cheese – I haven’t found one that melts yet)
Before you do anything, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius!
Make the sauce. Pour the pasata into a pot with the garlic, some fresh basil and the dried Italian herbs. Simmer on a low to medium heat for 7-8 minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Dust a chopping board with the roll out pastry. Make sure it’s a few millimetres thick as it will puff up in the oven. Prick the pastry with a fork (leaving the ‘crust’) so it doesn’t puff up in the oven.
Assemble your pizza. Spread the sauce over the pastry and add the toppings.
Pop the pizza in the oven until the crust is golden brown and the base is cooked through (about 15-20 minutes). If you want to add vegan cheese, add this to the pizza about 5 minutes before you take your pizza out of the oven so that it has time to melt.
Garnish the pizza with a sprinkling of Italian herbs, fresh basil and spinach. Generously drizzle your vegan mayo over the top for extra prettiness.
Enjoy your super tasty vegan meal. You might want to serve these with sweet potato fries or a salad for a lighter approach.