🍁🍂 It’s Friday again! This week seems to have flown by. Blogtober day 14 is here to save you from slaving away in the kitchen tonight, giving you more time to relax and have fun with friends. It’s such an easy recipe and tastes really scrumptious 👌🏻
What you will need (serves 4)
– 3 small avocados or 2 large
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 200 ml rice milk
– 1/2 lemon
– a handful of fresh basil leaves
– salt and pepper to season
– veggies for the topping (I used green beans and cherry tomatoes)
Get your pasta boiling as per instructions on the packet and steam some veggies.
Pop the avocado, garlic powder, rice milk, juice of the lemon and ripped basil leaves into the blender. Blitz until creamy and smooth then season to taste.
When your pasta is al dente, drain it and put at back in the pan. Pour the avocado sauce over the pasta and stir well. Let this heat up on the hob for 2-3 minutes and you will be ready to serve 😊
* If you’re like me and like to know what’s in your food, you will be happy to know that this dish is a healthy one.
* Rewired isn’t going to count the calories in this meal because there aren’t enough in it to be worried about.
*The ingredients in this recipe have many health benefits and I will list just a few:
– Avocados are a fantastic source of monosaturated fats (the good type of fat). They can lower your total cholesterol levels significantly and also help your body to absorb nutrients from other plant foods.
– Basil is an excellent antibacterial herb. It is also anti inflammatory so can ease the pain of arthritis and gastrointestinal conditions.
– Garlic is well known for it’s health benefits. It protects against cancer by blocking the conversion of nitrates and nitrites into cancer as well as inhibiting the action of aflatoxins (the substance found in peanuts which cause cancer). It can lower cholesterol and also prevents blood clots – a safer way than taking an Aspirin a day.
Have a lovely weekend everyone ❤️