🍁🍂 Day 18 of Blogtober brings you a delicious and healthy lunch recipe. I have these wraps at least once a week and they are yummy. You can make my paprika and lime falafel recipe here but if you don’t have time, just buy falafel from the store as it will make preparing lunch much quicker!
To make each wrap, follow these instructions:
🌯 Choose any tortilla you like. You can buy so many different types these days (always check the label to make sure they are vegan).
🌯 Spread 1 tbsp of hummus or vegan mayo onto your tortilla and add some leafy greens (raw spinach, kale or if you’re not ready for the dark stuff go for lettuce or baby leaf salad).
🌯 Chop up some tomato and/or bell peppers (you can buy ready made roasted peppers in a jar which taste amazing in these wraps). If you like a bit of spice maybe put in some spicy sweet fire beetroot or just some sriracha (or both 😉).
🌯 Add as many falafels as you can fit in and wrap it up. Toast in the oven for a few minutes if you have time for perfection 👌🏻
* If you’re like me and you like to know what’s in your food, you will be happy to know that these wraps are healthy ones.
* Rewired isn’t going to count the calories in them for you as there are not enough to be worried about.
* The ingredients in these wraps have many health benefits and I will list just a few:
– Chickpeas in falafel are fantastic for iron metabolism and red blood cell production. They also help with heart, muscle and immune function.
– Kale and spinach are great for a healthy immune system. They boost the health of your eyes, bones and cells. They are also rich in antioxidants.
– Tomatoes are packed with vitamins, They are great for your skin, your heart and your eyes. They also help to repair damaged cells from smoking so put your cigarette out and eat some tomatoes.