🍁🍂 Blogtober day 20 is here and with it comes these bad boys. Packed full of protein, these are a great snack for an added boost of energy.
What you will need (makes 12):
– 1/2 cup of chia seeds
– 1/2 cup of oats
– 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
– 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
– 1/3 cup peanut butter
Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Scoop up some mixture with your hands and roll into little balls. Easy peasy! Leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to solidify and keep their lovely spherical shape 😎
* If you’re like me and you like to know what’s in your food, you will be happy to know that these balls are healthy ones.
* Rewired isn’t going to count the calories in them for you as there are not enough to be worried about.
* The ingredients in these bites have many health benefits and I will list just a few:
– Dark chocolate contains antioxidants and may also lower blood pressure as well as the risk of CVD (cardiovascular disease).
– Peanut butter is a wonderful way to introduce good fats and proteins into your diet. You will be helping your heart, your body’s iron absorption, cell development and boosting your metabolism.
– Chia seeds are one of the greatest sources of energy around. Per 100g, they contain a whopping 486Kcals, 34.4g of fibre, 16.5g of protein and 30g of fat.