🍁🍂 Blogtober day 21 is happening right now. This is a really quick and easy lunch to put together, you can even make it the night before and take it to work or school as a packed lunch 😎
What you will need (per person):
– 100g Cous Cous
– 160ml water
– 1/4 cube of veggie stock
– ground Italian herb mix
– the juice of 1/2 a lemon
– fresh basil to garnish (optional)
– 1 pitta
– 1 tbsp hummus
– veggies of your choice (also optional but will definitely liven up your plate)
Boil the kettle and measure out 160ml of water. Add to a pan with the cous cous on a medium heat. Crumble the veggie stock in and squeeze in your lemon juice.
After one minute, turn the heat down to low until all of the liquid has been soaked up. Then, turn off the hob and stir in the herbs. Cover the pan and leave for 10 minutes.
Serve your cous cous with some pitta and hummus – delicious. I always add a good few veggies for added colour and taste 👌🏻🌿
* If you’re like me and you like to know what’s in your food, you will be happy to know this lunch is a healthy one.
* Rewired isn’t going to count the calories in it for you as there are not enough to be worried about.
* The ingredients in this meal have many health benefits and I will list just a few:
– Cous cous is a great source of vegetarian protein. It is high in fibre and rich in vitamins.
– Chickpeas in hummus are fantastic for iron metabolism and red blood cell production. They also help with heart, muscle and immune function.
– Basil is an excellent antibacterial herb. It is also anti inflammatory so can ease the pain of arthritis and gastrointestinal conditions.