🍁🍂 Blogtober day 23. Sometimes you just want something easy to make and tasty to eat. These tatties are great as a main meal or share between 2 as a snack. The sauce is optional but I love it. You don’t need mushrooms, I just can’t bare mono meals – I like a bit of variety!
What you will need:
For the wedges
– 1 large potato
– 1 large sweet potato
– salt to season
For the sauce
– 1 tsp miso paste
– 2 tsp soy sauce
– 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
– 100ml rice milk
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp smoked paprika
– black pepper to taste
– mushrooms optional
Chop the potatoes into thick wedges and boil for 8-10 minutes. Pop them under the grill at 200c for another 15 minutes, Season with salt and turn them over half way too cook evenly. No oil necessary 👍🏻
When you are waiting for your potatoes, make your sauce. Pop all of your ingredients into a pan on a medium heat and let it simmer down until you get a creamy consistency. Season with pepper.
Easy peasy and really filling 😊
* If you’re like me and you like to know what’s in your food, you will be happy to know that this plate is a healthy one.
* Rewired isn’t going to count the calories in it for you as there are not enough to be worried about.
* The ingredients in this meal have many health benefits and I will list just a few:
– Nutritional yeast is a godsend for vegans. It contains vitamin B12 which is vital as you can’t get it anywhere else other than meat or through shots at the doctors. It is antibacterial, antiviral and also boosts your immune system.
– Miso is a paste made of soy beans, sea salt and koji. This mixture is left to ferment for either a few months up to a few years. It is a source of protein and is also a probiotic, helping to restore your digestive health and eliminate toxins from the body.
– Potatoes are awesome. They contain lots of vitamin b6 which is great for athletic performance, helps with brain cell and nervous system activity and is actually good for cardiovascular protection.