🍁🍂 Blogtober day 26 brings you an unexpectedly scrumptious snack. Salty and spicy and super crunchy, these little gems are still healthier than a packet of crisps or roasted peanuts. I’m never looking back 😎
What you will need:
– 1 tin of chickpeas in water
– 1 tsp smoked paprika
– 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1/2 tsp cumin
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– salt and pepper to season
Preheat your oven to 200c fan/220c convection oven
Drain the chickpeas and pat dry with kitchen roll. When they are completely dry, add them to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir well with your hands or a wooden spoon.
Pour the contents of the bowl onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Roast for 35-40 minutes until chickpeas are hard all the way through (taste a couple to be sure).
These are great to serve over a few drinks with friends or you could take some in your lunch box (I wouldn’t recommend eating these at your desk though as then crunch is audible!) 🙉
* If you’re like me and you like to know what’s in your food, you will be happy to know that these nibbles are healthy ones.
* Rewired isn’t going to count the calories in this snack for you as there are not enough to be worried about.
* The ingredients in this recipe have many health benefits and I will list just a few:
– Chickpeas are fantastic for iron metabolism and red blood cell production. They also help with heart, muscle and immune function.
– Cayenne pepper is thermogenic. It is a natural painkiller and reduces inflammation. It is also a blood glucose stabiliser.
– Garlic is well known for it’s health benefits. It protects against cancer by blocking the conversion of nitrates and nitrites into cancer as well as inhibiting the action of aflatoxins (the substance found in peanuts which cause cancer). It can lower cholesterol and also prevents blood clots – a safer way than taking an Aspirin a day.