🍁🍂 Holy moly day 22 of blogtober has arrived. As it’s the weekend, it’s only right that we treat ourselves a little. These monster double bean burgers are a middle finger up to Mac Donald’s and Burger King. Who needs beef when can have spicy Mexican bean burgers?! These are a delicious way to indulge without feel bad about it afterwards.
What you will need (for 2 burgers):
– 4 spicy Mexican bean burgers (Tesco’s own brand are so delicious and they’re vegan! I can’t recommend them enough 👌🏻)
– 3 burger buns
– a handful of lettuce (of your choice)
– 1 tomato
– 1/2 onion
– 1/4 red onion
– vegan mayo
– 1/2 tsp smokey paprika
– juice of 1/2 a lime
– ketchup or sriracha
– coriander (optional)
Pop your burgers in the oven. Follow the instructions on the packet. (I am assuming you will not be making them from scratch – let’s save that recipe for when we have time/motivation). When they are cooking, you can get the rest of your ingredients together.
Finely chop the white onion into super small pieces. Chop some pickles until you get what looks like the same amount chopped as the onion pieces. Add these to a bowl with a few tbsps of vegan mayo and add the paprika and lime juice. Stir well. Yes it tastes bomb!
Toast your buns! You can do this in a toaster but I like to just pop them in a pan (no oil needed) to toast for a minute or so on each side.
Assemble your burgers (the fun part!). Get your bun bases and put some lettuce on top followed by a burger patty on each. Then spread your lovely pickley mayo over the top and some coriander if you have some. Then add half of the 3rd burger to each one (you may need to flatten out the top half or slice a bit off for the perfect middle slice of bread). Squeeze over some ketchup or sriracha (or both, I’m not judging). On goes the second burger patty topped off with a slice of tomato, red onion and maybe another pickle ❤️ Sprinkle some more coriander if you wish and then it’s time for the closing ceremony! Monster burgers are ready for demolishing!
* If you’re like me and you like to know what’s in your food, you may be surprised to know that these monster double bean burgers are healthy ones (as part of a balanced diet obvs).
* Rewired isn’t going to count the calories in them for you as there are not enough to be worried about.
* The ingredients in these bad boys have many health benefits and I will list just a few:
– Beans are amazing. Everyone should incorporate more of these into their weekly diet. Cannelini beans help with collagen production, vision and nervous system function and are also great for appetite regulation. Red kidney beans are known to be great for cell development and anaemia prevention.
– Tomatoes are packed with vitamins. They are great for your skin, your heart and your eyes. They also help to repair damaged cells from smoking so put your cigarette out and eat some tomatoes.
– Onion is such an underrated food. It is so good for you. It can improve your mood, does wonders for your skin and hair and reduces the risk of many types of cancer – yay for onions!