🍁🍂 Day 17 of blogtober is here and we are over half way through – phew! Today’s recipe is a really warm, filling meal with some really healthy ingredients including protein, carbs and legumes making it a really balanced dish. If you’re not one to read recipes, you can watch my video Here
What you will need (serves 2):
-1/2 red or white onion
– 1 tin chopped tomatoes
– 2 tbsp passata
– 2 garlic cloves pressed
– 2 tsp smoked paprika
– 1 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1/2 tsp ground coriander
– 1/2 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tin mixed mexican beans
– 2 tbsp sweetcorn
– 1/2 a lime
– 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
– salt and pepper to taste
– fresh coriander to garnish
– rice of your choice
Finely chop the onion and saute on a medium heat in shallow water until translucent. Then add the smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, coriander and cumin to create a paste with the spices and water for a few minutes. Add the passata, garlic and chopped tomatoes. Season as you go and simmer on a low heat for about 15 minutes.
Add the mexican beans, sweetcorn, lime juice and nutritional yeast. Simmer for a further 10 minutes or until you get the consistency you want. Cook your rice as you wait.
Season to taste and garnish with lots of fresh coriander.
* If you’re like me and you like to know what’s in your food, you will be happy to know that this chilli is a healthy one.
* Rewired isn’t going to count the calories in the dish for you as there are not enough in it to be worried about.
* The ingredients in this meal have many health benefits and I will list just a few:
– Tomatoes are packed with vitamins, They are great for your skin, your heart and your eyes. They also help to repair damaged cells from smoking so put your cigarette out and eat some tomatoes.
– Cayenne pepper is thermogenic. It is a natural painkiller and reduces inflammation. It is also a blood glucose stabiliser.
– Beans are amazing. Everyone should incorporate more of these into their weekly diet. Cannelini beans help with collagen production, vision and nervous system function and are also great for appetite regulation. Red kidney beans are Known to be great for cell development and anaemia prevention.
Who knew chilli was such a healthy dinner?! Make this one a staple in your house 😎