🍁🍂 Blogtober day 25 brings you a warming, aromatic Vietnamese-style bowl of goodness. It’s not the traditional pho but it’s my take on this delicious meal. It’s really easy to make and I swear it’s the ‘chicken soup’ of the vegetarian/vegan world as it makes you feel so good afterwards 😊
What you will need (serves 2):
– a handful of mushrooms sliced
– 1 carrot peeled and chopped
– broccolini (or any other green, kale is nice in this too)
– 1 handful of baby corn optional
– 2 spring onions sliced
– 1 chilli pepper sliced
– 1-2 tsp sesame oil
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 1/2 cube veggie stock
– 1tsp ginger
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
– black pepper to season
– 1 lime or 1/2 lemon
– rice noodles
– coriander to garnish
Add the veggies (apart from the chilli and spring onions) to a pan on a medium heat and add the sesame oil. Add the spices and stir for a few minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
Boil 750ml water and crumble in the veggie stock to make a broth. Pour this into the pan of veggies, squeeze in the juice of you lime/lemon and add the chilli. Season with black pepper. Leave this to simmer with the lid on for about 10 minutes.
Add the rice noodles and spring onions. These only take a couple of minutes to cook through. Transfer to bowls and serve with lots of fresh coriander – delicious! 😍
* If you’re like me and you like to know what’s in your food, you will be happy to know that pho is a healthy!
* Rewired isn’t going to count the calories in it for you as there are not enough to be worried about.
* The ingredients in this noodle soup have many health benefits and I will list just a few:
– Carrots are a source of beta-carotene which is excellent for your heart and your eyes (it is sometimes used to treat age related macular degeneration).
– Broccolini is one of the most wonderful vegetables around. If you want protein, calcium, zinc, iron, omega 3 fats, magnesium, potassium, vitamins A,B,C,E and K amongst many other nutrients, broccoli is your best bet.
– Lime/lemon juice adds so much flavour to this meal and also helps to keep you in top shape. It’s great for skin, hair and nails as well as digestive, respiratory and ophthalmic health.