🍁🍂 The final day of Blogtober is here! I have really enjoyed coming up with these recipes and being disciplined enough to get them ready each day. Today’s meal is great for lunch or dinner and will fill you full of goodness whilst keeping you warm from Autumn through to winter.
What you will need (serves 2):
– 2 medium potatoes chopped
– 2 carrots sliced
– a handful of shredded kale
– 2 diced tomatoes
– 1 tin of green lentils in water
– 1/2 cube veggie stock
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
– 1 tsp Cajun spice
– 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
– salt and pepper to taste
Add all of the veggies to a pan in some shallow water on a medium heat along with the spices. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour in 750ml water and add the veggie stock. Season with salt and pepper. Leave for 15 minutes with the lid on.
Add the nutritional yeast and the green lentils. Let this cook for 2-3 minutes then season to taste.
* If you’re like me and you like to know what’s in your food, you will be happy to know that this bowl of deliciousness is a healthy one.
* Rewired isn’t going to count the calories in it for you as there are not enough to be worried about.
* The ingredients in this meal have many health benefits and I will list just a few:
– Tomatoes are packed with vitamins. They are great for your skin, your heart and your eyes. They also help to repair damaged cells from smoking so put your cigarette out and eat some tomatoes.
– Potatoes are awesome. They contain lots of vitamin b6 which is great for athletic performance, helps with brain cell and nervous system activity and is actually good for cardiovascular protection.
– Green lentils are a great source of plant protein and iron. They are full of dietary fibre and B vitamins. Whoop!